AQU Catalunya has begun a series of cross-sectional studies to analyse the status of recognised degree programmes and provide valuable information on higher education and the university system in Catalonia. This is in addition to the findings of the quality assurance procedures that all recognised programmes undergo.
More than a decade after the University Master’s Degree in Teacher Training was first started, receiving its first accreditation in 2015 and renewal in 2020, AQU Catalunya has published the Cross-sectional Report on this master’s degree programme, which aims to assess how the quality of this master’s degree has evolved, as well as its strengths and weaknesses. In particular, the report shares the results of the master’s degree’s accreditation renewal as well as other data related to its running, such as the results of the survey of students’ satisfaction after completing the master’s degree, of the job placement survey and of the survey of education centres regarding the skills of the new teaching staff.
The coincidental timing of these reviews made it possible, on the one hand, for a uniform procedure to be applied and for there to be consensus as regards the assessment criteria for the ten reports drawn up by the external review panels and, on the other, for a series of conclusions to be drawn up regarding the main strong and weak points of Master’s courses taught at Catalan universities.
- Master’s degree programmes in teaching training for compulsory secondary education and upper secondary education (baccalaureate), vocational training and language teaching [Catalan]
- Executive summary of the cross-sectional report on Design
- Informe transversal Diseño. Análisis de los resultados de las evaluaciones [document only available in Spanish]
- Informe transversal Disseny. Principals indicadors [document only available in Catalan]
For the report on Engineering Sciences, information for the analysis was used from different sources, including the outcomes of review for programme accreditation, indicators of the system and the findings of the surveys of graduate employment outcomes and the Employers project (perspectives of employers regarding the skills and education level of recent graduates) carried out by AQU Catalunya.
- PDF Engineering in industrial sectors and logistics. Executive summary
- PDF Engineering in industrial sectors and logistics [Catalan]
For the report on Nursing, the analysis included the challenges for the future and conclusions pinpointed in the workshop on Ways to improve the training of nurses held at the Autonomous University of Barcelona on 15 February 2017.