Catalan Talent Observatory
AQU Catalunya, together with the ”la Caixa” Foundation, opens the Catalan Talent Observatory portal, which analyses jobs offered online in Catalonia, to the public.
Today's labour market is in a process of constant change, mainly due to the introduction of new and emerging technologies. Knowledge and understanding of these changes is essential to better adapt the educational offer to the needs and requirements of the labour market and to foster employment. However, being able to identify trends in the skills needed by the labour market in advance is one of the main challenges facing economic and social agents.
AQU Catalunya, in conjunction with the ”la Caixa” Foundation, has responded to this challenge by creating the Catalan Talent Observatory, an innovative web portal that uses the latest advances in web scraping and natural language processing technologies to analyse job offers recently published online in Catalonia (SOC-Feina activa, Jobtalent, Infojobs, Infoempleo, , Adecco, Hays, Manpower, Randsta, Monster, Indeed, Jobbydoo, etc.). This portal provides an interactive visualisation of the jobs and skills most in demand in Catalonia, along with other characteristics such as the type of contract, and puts Catalonia on a par with other European countries where similar initiatives have been carried out. The Observatory is not a job search engine, but rather a portal for analysing job offers in an aggregate way in order to have an overview of labour market trends.
The information provided by the Observatory is aimed at different economic and social entities, such as employment agencies, trade union associations and organisations, government agencies and educational centres, as well as the general public. The aim is for all these agents to have access to in-depth knowledge of the labour market and for the tool to prove useful in the following scenarios:
- Decision-makers planning labour market-related strategies and policies will be able to study and better understand the changing needs and requirements of the labour market.
- Training providers will be able to adapt study programmes and training programmes to labour market demands.
- Enterprises and organisations will be able to identify and understand trends and developments in training in their sector and design more appropriate staff training programmes.
- Career and vocational guidance services will be able to provide up-to-date information on the skills in demand in industry and business.
- The general population will have better-quality career and vocational guidance, especially in relation to lifelong learning.
The Catalan Talent Observatory is available in three languages (Catalan, Spanish and English) and offers eight different dashboards to access the data:
- Last 12 months of job vacancies. From here you can consult the historical data on last year's job vacancies.
- Occupation of the month. Each month we showcase an exhaustive study of a relevant profession in the Catalan labour market.
- Skills cloud. It provides an overview of the skills most in demand in the Catalan labour market.
- Industry map. See the offers distributed by sector (industry, commerce and services) in the territory.
- Area: Allows you to consult the offers analysed up to the level of municipalities and surrounding areas.
- Hard skills: View the related offers most search for in relation to the skills being analysed.
- Industries. Allows you to consult occupations by searching by economic activity.
- Occupations. Access the details of the jobs that have been offered by searching by job type and by geographical area.