Research periods and gender
On the other hand, AQU Catalunya, commissioned of the Interuniversity Council of Catalonia, has prepared the report:
Trams de recerca i gènere: Trams de recerca del professorat contractat avaluat per AQU Catalunya (Research periods and gender. Research periods of non-civil servant teaching staff assessed by AQU Catalunya).
This analysis, based on 6,987 non-civil servant PDI files assessed by AQU Catalunya until 2019, reflects AQU Catalunya's good practices in the assessment processes and concludes that there is no discrimination, either direct or indirect, on the grounds of sex in the assessment of applications received. Specifically:
Regarding the assessment:
- There are no differences in sex by Committee.
- There are only two fields of knowledge with significant differences.
- No differences were detected by area of knowledge.
Regarding differences between men and women in the speed of completing research periods and the number of periods completed:
- No expected differences were found: in the number of periods accomplished by age brackets, or in the years required to pass a research period.
- The area of knowledge is likely to be much more influential than sex in the average number of years needed to complete the research period.