Catalogue of services
The Catalogue of services (2018) establishes AQU Catalunya's main action principles and identifies the activities and services that it offers, which are structured according to the Agency's main activities:
- Programme and institutional review
- Assessment of teaching staff
- Knowledge generation
Strategic Plan 2023-2026
The 2023-2026 Strategic Plan we present here incorporates the purpose and maintains the vision, mission and values of AQU Catalunya.
To help improve the quality of the Catalan university system.
AQU Catalunya is an independent actor in the Catalan university system that provides support for higher education institutions to assure the quality of the study programmes, teaching staff and centres for which the institutions themselves are ultimately responsible. It works to be an instrument for generating knowledge, with an international presence to help enhance higher education institutions in a global context.
AQU Catalunya is an internationally recognised public institution whose mission is to ensure the quality of higher education in Catalonia, meeting international quality, academic and social standards, and to safeguard society’s interests in quality higher education.
Its activity is carried out through:
- The defence of democratic and progressive values in higher education.
- The involvement of all social actors in service to the community.
- The work of people who are competent, motivated and satisfied with the work they do.
- Analysis, assessment, certification, auditing and accreditation procedures.
- International benchmarks and a clear focus on innovation.
- The promotion of transparency and public availability in both the university system and the actions themselves.
The values are defined in the AQU Catalunya Code of Ethics (2019), which classifies them as:
- Fundamental: dignity, independence, impartiality, integrity, innovation and continuous improvement, public service, diversity, equity and trust.
- Instrumental: transparency and accountability, cooperation, efficiency, internationalisation and competence.
Furthermore, as part of Catalonia’s knowledge system, the Agency endorses the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), working particularly towards sustainability, gender equality and the fight against social inequality.
Corporate social responsibility commitments
It groups the strategic goals and actions into the following corporate social responsibility commitments, which structure the instruments for managing AQU Catalunya’s activities:
- Commitment to improving higher education
- Commitment to society
- Commitment to good governance
- Commitment to partnerships
- Commitment to employees
It also maintains the premise of prioritising strategic goals and actions that have a greater potential impact within the Catalan university system and which are achievable and reinforce internal efficiency.
Activities and annual reports
The activities of AQU Catalunya are based on an annual Action Plan that is endorsed by the Governing Board. This document sets out the strategic plan for the Agency in the form of activities and projects. The activities that are undertaken and the outcomes are set out in the Annual Report, which is also endorsed by the Governing Board.
|Year||Action plan||Summary annual report|
Action plan [ca]
|2022||Action plan [English]||Summary annual report|
|2021||Action plan [ca]||Summary annual report|
|2020||Action plan [ca]||Summary annual report|
|2019||Action plan [ca]||Summary annual report|
|2018||Action plan [ca]||Summary annual report|
|2017||Action plan [ca]||Summary annual report|
|2016||Action plan [ca]||Summary annual report|
|2015||Action plan [ca]||Summary annual report|
|2014||Action plan [ca]||Summary annual report|
|2013||Action plan [ca]||Summary annual report|
|2012||Action plan [ca]||Annual report|
|2011||Action plan [ca]||Annual report|
|2010||Action plan [ca]||Annual report|
|2009||Action plan [ca]||Annual report|
|2008||Action plan||Annual report|
|2007||Action plan||Annual report|
|2006||Action plan [ca]||Annual report|
|2005||Action plan||Annual report|
|2004||Action plan [ca]||Annual report|