The AQU Catalunya website and the websites published by AQU Catalunya use first-party and third-party cookies to improve the browsing experience and to offer content and services of interest. They use strictly necessary cookies that help make the websites more accessible and enable basic functions such as browsing, access to secure areas, displaying information panels or videos.
What are cookies?
Cookies are files that are downloaded to your device when you access certain websites and they enable the website, among other things, to store and retrieve information about the user’s browsing habits or those of their device and, depending on the information they contain and the way in which the device is used, they can be used to recognise the user.
How do they work and what are they for?
- Your browsing history and cookies are stored on your device. Cookies, in a similar way to your browsing history or browser cache, are a way of tracing of your Internet activity. This is worth stressing if other people sometimes access your device. If you are using a shared computer, you are advised to delete your browsing history, cache and cookies when you are done. If you don't know how to do this, see the browser's help section.
To better understand needs of users and optimise the service and user experience, we use the Hotjar tool, which is a technological service that helps to interpret and understand the behaviour of users when they browse the website (e.g. the time spent on pages, the links the choose to click on, etc.).
- The IP address of the device (recorded and stored anonymously).
- The screen size of the device.
- The type of device (unique device identifiers).
- Information on the browser.
- The geographical location.
- The preferred language used to display the website.
Hotjar stores this information in a pseudonymised user profile. This information is not used to identify individual users nor to be combined with other data about an individual user.
Google Analytics cookies
To understand how visitors interact with the websites we use the Google Analytics tool, which collects and reports information in an anonymous manner.
This service is provided by the Google, Inc., a company with headquarters at the following address: 1600 Amphitheater Parkway, Mountain View (California), CA 94043, United States ("Google").
Google will use this information on our behalf to track your use of the site, compiling reports on site activity and providing other services relating to site activity and Internet usage. Google may also transfer this information to third parties when required to do so by law, or when third parties process the information on Google's behalf. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data available to Google.
See details of the tools we currently use:
We use YouTube to play videos and emit live broadcasts on the website.
We use Twitter to display the activity of our accounts on the website.
How to restrict, block and delete cookies
You can restrict, block and delete the cookies installed on your device by configuring the options of the browser on your device:
- Internet Explorer
- Firefox (esborrar galetes)
- Firefox (habilitar i deshabilitar galetes)
- Safari per a iOS