Pursuant to article 10, Act 15/2015, 21 July, on the Catalan University Quality Assurance Agency (AQU Catalunya):
- The Advisory Commission is the advisory body that cooperates with the Catalan University Quality Assurance Agency (AQU Catalunya) and advises on the implementation of strategies and helps define and improve procedures and develop proposals for action to further underpin quality assurance in the Agency's activities, in accordance with international standards and guidelines.
- The Advisory Commission is composed, according to the terms laid down in the Agency's statutes, of academics from Spain and abroad of recognised standing and with international experience, students from universities in Catalonia and representatives of the main labour organisations in Catalonia, who must also be academics. Experience in quality assurance in higher education and research is also a requirement.
The members of the Advisory Commission are as follows:
- Francesc Xavier Grau Vidal, President of AQU Catalunya, commission chairman
- Jaume Valls Pasola, Director of AQU Catalunya
- Teresa Sánchez Chaparro, Technical University of Madrid
- Núria Sebastián Gallés, Professor of Experimental Psychology, Pompeu Fabra University
- Lluís Jofre Roca, Professor of Telecommunications, Polytechnic University of Catalonia (UPC)
- Ángel J. Gómez Montoro, Professor of Constitutional Law, University of Navarra
- Maria Helena Nazaré, doctora en Física pel King's College de Londres i presidenta del Patronat de la Universitat Nova de Lisboa
- Marc Carbonés Alfaro, psychology student, Universitat Ramon Llull, for the CEUCAT
- Josep Ferrer Llop, Professor of Applied Mathematics, Polytechnic University of Catalonia (UPC), for the Comissions Obreres de Catalunya (CCOO, Workers' Commissions for Catalonia) trade union
- Xavier Arbós Marín, Professor of Constitutional Law, University of Barcelona, for the Unión General de Trabajadoras y Trabajadores (UGT, General Union of Workers) trade union
- Anna Prades Nebot, Head of Internationalisation and Knowledge Generation Department, commission Secretary
Advisory Commission internal procedure [document only available in Spanish] · 29/06/2017