Recent arts higher education (EAS) graduates' satisfaction 2019-2021
Since 2015, AQU Catalunya has been coordinating the satisfaction survey of graduates who have completed their bachelor's or master's studies at one of the twelve universities in the Catalan university system (SUC). Thus, information is currently available for the whole higher education system at levels 2 and 3 according to the Catalan Higher Education Qualifications Framework (levels 6 and 7 of the European Qualification Framework).
One of the groups that had not been part of these surveys is that of students of arts higher education (EAS), since they do not fit into the SUC structure. Consequently, the first satisfaction analysis aimed at these students is presented below.
The results are based on the three polls carried out on people graduating with bachelor's and master's degrees in the 2018-2019, 2019-2020 and 2020-2021 academic years. Of the total of 2,193 people with bachelor's degrees and 392 with master's degrees, 42.8% and 40.1% responded to the survey, respectively. Due to the low response rate in the case of the master's degree group, it is important to keep in mind that only the main indicators are presented. In addition, most of the sample from this group corresponds to Music students.
Bachelor's degree student results
Overall satisfaction and intention to repeat
- The overall satisfaction of bachelor's degree programme graduates is close to very good (6.9).
- People with degrees in Conservation and Restoration of Cultural Assets expressed the greatest overall satisfaction (8.0), followed by those with degrees in Music (7.1), Drama and Dance (7.0). Those with degrees in Design were the least satisfied (6.4).
- Regarding intention to repeat, 8 out of 10 students would study on the same degree programme again (79.3%). However, this percentage decreases in the case of the willingness to repeat the centre (57.8%).
Satisfaction with the learning process
- Students rate the teaching and learning dimension at 6.
- The most valued aspects of this dimension are the teaching staff (6.8), the study programme structure (6.5) and the teaching method (6.4). In contrast, the assessment system gets the lowest rating (5.4).
Satisfaction with student support
- The student support dimension receives a satisfactory rating, with 5.5.
- Information on the web (6.3) and facilities (6.1) are the most valued aspects, unlike the virtual campus (4.6) and the response to complaints (4.7).
Satisfaction with the results
- Satisfaction with the results is the dimension with the highest rating (6.9).
- Specifically, the most valued aspect, with a score of very good (7.2), is the improvement of skills for the profession.
Satisfaction with the final degree project (TFG), professional internships and mobility
- Satisfaction with the TFG is close to very good (6.8). The level of satisfaction is slightly lower for mobility (6.2) and external training placements (6.1).
Master's degree student results
- The overall satisfaction of master's degree students is close to very good (6.8), similar to that of bachelor's degree students (6.9).
- Student support is the dimension with the highest rating (7.4), although the other two dimensions are also very good or almost: teaching and learning (7.1) and results (6.9).
- Approximately two out of three students would study the same degree (66.2%) at the same centre (61.1%).
Reference and sample population