Annual report on Research Assessment Commission activity 2022 published
The report aims to give account of the Research Assessment Commission's activities in 2022.
Every year AQU Catalunya draws up a report on the activity of the Research Assessment Commission (CAR), which is presented by the Commission president to the Agency's Governing Board as an accountability report.
The Report explains the activity carried out in the different calls managed during the year. Although there was a slight increase in most calls in 2022 compared to 2021, the report highlights an increase of almost twofold in the call for research assessment of non-civil servant teaching and research staff.
With regard to the main activities that the Research Assessment Commission undertook in 2022, the following are highlighted:
- It has participated in the Plan to Reinforce the Catalan Language in the University and Research System of Catalonia with the preparation of a descriptive report on the scientific and scholarly journals published in Catalonia in order to analyse the presence of the Catalan language there, as well as its visibility in the main international databases (Web of Science, Scopus) and journal listings (MIAR, CARHUS Plus+).
- Work continued on the specific considerations for particular fields. In the case of Nursing and Physiotherapy, the measures were monitored, its status as a particular field renewed and the assessment criteria adjusted; and the particular field of Education was established for a renewable period of 3 years.
- Two reports were prepared on:
- Associate professor profiles (2007-2019), where the CVs of people who obtained research accreditation in this period were analysed to provide an indicative view of the merits required to pass the assessment.
- The gender perspective in teaching staff accreditation, where the gender perspective was analysed in the teaching staff accreditation processes over the 20 years that they have been in operation.
- The criterion introduced at the beginning of 2022 with reference to the treatment of publications with publishing practices that may compromise scientific quality was monitored.
- At the initiative of the Commission, AQU Catalunya has joined the Coalition for Advancing Research Assessment (CoARA), to contribute to a reflection towards a new research assessment model.
Consult the Research Assessment Commission Report 2022